The market is flooded with an assorted range of cosmetic products for beauty, hair, and personal care. Of course, cosmetic products may provide the result you are looking for, but these do have some sorts of side-effects at certain levels. This is probably a reason why a lot of people incline towards natural therapies to take care of their skin. If you are one of the many people who prefer natural remedies for taking good care your skin, you must be familiar with the magical essential oil of wintergreen plant. Native to North America, wintergreen oil is power-packed with numerous therapeutic agents that are proven to be very effective in assisting different types of skin conditions. Wintergreen oil, because of its skin-boosting properties, is commercially demanded use as an important ingredient in beauty products like skin lotions, soaps, creams, and shampoos. Besides, there are a countless beauty as well as health benefits of using this magical oil. Before moving to the top four beauty benefits, let us tell you something more about wintergreen oil.
Extraction of Wintergreen Oil
Wintergreen oil is a derivative of wintergreen plant, scientifically known as Gaultheria procumbens. Bearing a fresh minty aroma, this magical oil is extracted from the leaves of the wintergreen plant through the steam distillation process.
Benefits of Using Wintergreen Oil
Wintergreen oil has the antiseptic, analgesic, aromatic and antioxidant property that is why it is proven to be very effective in healing various kind of conditions associated with skin and hair. Moreover, this oil also has a good name in aromatherapy and pain alleviation, but this article will mainly focus on the hidden beauty benefits of wintergreen oil. Let’s have a look at the benefits that you can enjoy with just a few drops of wintergreen oil.
- Acne: This essential oil is reckoned as the best remedy for combating acne and other common skin affliction. It contains a good amount of antimicrobial agents that cleanse the skin and kill bacteria, microbes, and other microorganisms responsible for acne. Mix a drop or two of this oil in your regular moisturizer and apply over acne before sleep. This remedy will remove acne and the mark of acne within 4 to 5 days.
- Wound Healing: Wintergreen oil also has an antiseptic property that is why it is proven to be very effective in fighting infections that are prone to become septic. Just take a few drops of the wintergreen oil and dilute it in water. Soak a cotton ball in this solution and dab over surrounding area of the wound to heal it quickly.
- Skin Firming: Mix a few drop of wintergreen oil with your regular moisturizer and gently apply over the skin. This oil works as an astringent to contact with skins and muscle tissues for adding firmness to your skin. With regular application of the oil, your skin will be looking younger.
- Soothing Bath: Add few drops of wintergreen oil to warm bath water. The antibacterial and astringent properties of this oil help to rejuvenate the skin cells and tissues for a refreshed feel. Moreover, it is also helpful in alleviating different skin conditions such as rashes, itches, and sensitivity. Additionally, this rejuvenating bath also offers a unique warmth that helps to clarify mind for a relaxed feel.
- Under-eye Puffiness: being one of the best astringents of nature, wintergreen oil makes the perfect choice for those who are in the search of a natural remedy to fight-off the condition of under-eye puffiness. Add a drop or two to your regular facial cream or dilute in a carrier oil and apply twice in a day to get rid of under-eye puffiness in a day or two.
- Dandruff: Wintergreen oil is also proven to be very beneficial in eliminating the problem of dandruff. This oil will remove dandruff and flakes on your scalp. Mix, a few drops of this oil with your regular shampoo, to moisturize it from the root. Repeating it 2 to 3 times in a week will leave a rejuvenating sensation on your scalp.
- Hair Growth: When diluted in a carrier oil like Amla, almond or jojoba, wintergreen oil helps to unblock the hair follicles and clean the scalp deeper to ensure hair growth. For better results, add few drops of a carrier oil and apply thoroughly all over the hair and scalp. Leave overnight and wash the head and hair in the morning to ensure the growth of longer and stronger hair.
Of course, there are also many other benefits of using wintergreen oil. Some of these aforementioned benefits make it a worthy oil to have in your essential oil collection. It is advised to buy 100% pure wintergreen oil to get the best beauty results. Start exploring now to avail a healthier skin and body!