When you are decorating your house, often times you miss the smallest details which can actually improve the overall look of the room. Having a floor lamp on the corner of the room, for example, or placing a cute detail over the fireplace can turn a dull and bland room into something fun and exciting. You don’t necessarily have to be a professional designer to recognize such details, as they are provided all over the place.
People often deal with the tricky situation when they want to decorate their small crib. Because of the limited size, they think that their creativity is being limited too, but that’s not always the case. If you are smart and creative enough, you can actually see that there are lots of small details that you can use for your diy room decor purpose.
Here are some small tips and tricks how to enhance the look of the room without too much fuss or difficulty.
- Do you know that having a pair of pillows is quite lame, but if you are able to add it into two or three pairs, you can actually improve the room in very cozy and homey way? Feel free to use contrast colors, textures, or patterns to deliver richness and diversity into the room.
- Have a bigger bed. On the contrary to the general belief that small space requires only small-scale furniture, it is not completely true. If you want to create highlights of a room and also a very natural and interesting focal point, this is something that you can do. You can try buying a bigger and higher bed with tall headboard. You will see that your bed won’t look too cramped. The same thing can be applied to your kitchen or living room, with the kitchen island or the sofa as the bigger item in the room.
- Let the cabinets open up. If you like to close all the cabinets, this is the perfect time to let them open – not applicable for the open shelves cabinet. Keeping everything closed is dull and boring. If you want to spice things up and create bigger effect, you should keep them open.
- Consider having visually lightweight furniture. It doesn’t refer to the actual size and weight, but the way the furniture look to you and your guests. Instead of choosing solid or boxy furniture, why don’t you choose the one with legs and attractive colors? The existence of the legs creates this open and wider effect because your visual isn’t blocked by the box feature. And the light and attractive colors – such as pale blue or cute lemon – help creating lighter tone than the one delivered by dark wooden piece.
- Use neutral palette – like white, ivory, or beige – to create an expansive effect. These neutral colors somehow make the room wider by ‘pushing’ the wall off backward, creating wider and bigger setting.
- If you have a sliding door, have you ever consider covering it with wallpaper? It may not be a common idea, but the result is unbelievably good and attractive. It is simple and it is smashing!