Security screen doors have become the need of this modern world. Today, the cases of theft and robbery have increased in almost every region. Thus, now it is crucial to take appropriate measures to stay protected and secured at home. These unique security doors are designed to offer a high level of safety while you are inside your home. The best part is that these doors are very easy to install and is just a one-time investment that will keep your family safe for the decades to come.
Advantages of Security Screen Doors
- Provides Security- As the name suggests, these doors are meant to provide complete security. These entries are developed with a high frame mostly made of wrought iron or steel. They are capable of bearing intrusion attempts and not let burglars thrash in. Also, these doors last for longer unlike the doors built of plastic or wood. They have heavy-duty keyed locks and non-removal pin hinges.
- Saves Money- It is true that almost half of your earnings are spent on paying electricity bills. However, once you have installed security screen doors, you will be able to save cost. In summers, you can just open the door and let fresh air come in while in winters; you can simply replace that screen with glass panel. Consequently, the need for air conditioning and heating will reduce greatly. Since security doors are built extremely strong, you will not have to spend money every next month on repairing the damages.
- Adds Value- Of course, a home with security screen door has a better value than the regular doors. At the time of selling your home, you can expect a good return on it. Further, you can choose to have custom designed security screen doors according to the way you want. If you wish to match the design of the door with the rest of your home décor, then you can get the same. Today, various colors and styles of security doors are available in the market. No doubt, it will add value and curb appeal to your home.
Besides the above-mentioned benefits, security screen doors increase the level of comfort. It gives you the facility of a window, which you can open to let the natural light enter in your home. While you are enjoying the fresh air and light through the window, you can safely sit back and relax.
Things to Consider before Buying Security Screen Doors
- Type of Frame- You must take a note of the frame with which the door is built. You should prefer buying the frames constructed of metal, alloy, aluminum or steel. The frame has to be at least 2-3 inches wide.
- Type of Mounting Installation- It is better to opt for flush-mounting installation, as it makes your door look more natural. In this type of installation, no gaps are left around the opening, and it is sealed perfectly. Avoid going with tube-frame mounting, as it will leave the gaps open.
- Type of Coating- You will have to make a decision between whether the door should be painted or powder coated. You must go with powder coating, as it will last for longer. It is applied electrostatically and creates a very hard finish. It does not require any maintenance.
It is important though that you buy your security screen door from a reputed vendor. Check for warranty, and see if the vendor will help you with the installation of the door. Most good vendors do provide this, and so it is best to check before the project starts.