With plants just beginning to blossom again, there’s plenty of inspiration to be found for a spring design. Light greens and pastel flower colors are perfect for representing the delicate colors of the changing season. Incorporate some fresh flowers into your design to bring a touch of nature to your home. Switch out pillowcases, throws and other easily changed accents like rugs in favor of intricate floral designs featuring light colors. Perk a diy room decor up with some bright citrus colors while using neutral colors in curtains or wall accents to bring balance.
- Hang large light colored or frameless mirrors on opposite walls to brighten up a room and make space seem larger.
- In rooms with white walls paint the ceiling a light blue or gray to open the room up even more.
Summer is the perfect time for bold colors. Break out the red, white and blue to celebrate independence day or keep it fresh with accents of bright yellow and orange. Colorful plaids make excellent summer decor if you don’t have plaid fabric you can use empty frames filled with patterned paper. While constantly repainting for the changing season isn’t an option for most people you can still drastically change your walls with peel and stick wallpaper, if cost is a factor consider just doing one accent wall — it’ll still make a huge difference in the overall feel of the room.
- Create flower domes to adorn your tables by taking foam floral spheres and removing the bottom to allow it to sit flat. Soak the foam in water for at least thirty minutes while you clip the stems of your flowers. Once your sphere is well soaked carefully push your flowers into the foam until the surface is covered with flowers. Set the completed flower domes on cake stands or fancy platters and enjoy your fresh decor.
The changing leaves are a perfect inspiration for fall decor. Deep reds and oranges bring warmth to space and give you the sense that autumn has finally arrived. Pair the bold colors of nature with more neutral brown or gray tones to striking the perfect balance of color and serenity, such as renovating your wooden furniture with paint and other embellishments. Forgo harsh unnatural lighting in favor of candlelight, seasonally scented candles take this touch to the next level. Exchange your light flowy curtains for thicker ones that keep in the warmth, burlap or jute curtain panels make a nice rustic look. Start bringing out warmer blankets and fluffier throw pillows for added comfort and relaxation.
- Take dried corn and cover it with gold and copper glitter to create a beautiful harvest centerpiece. Once the glitter is set to transfer the corn to glass bowls and place candles near the arrangement.
Blue, white and silver are always popular colors for winter so it’s hard to go wrong with throw pillows or blankets in this color scheme. Instead of spending money on cinnamon scented pinecones from the store save your money and make them at home. Break out thick and plush rugs for an added layer of style and comfort.
- Take a large mason jar and make a fresh and colorful winter decoration by wedging a leafy branch along the bottom of the jar before filling it two-thirds full of water. Drop in cranberries and a floating candle, set your new decoration out to impress guests and brighten up your home.
- Print pictures of winter inspired images such as snowflakes and trees and frame them to be hung in groups to create a focus piece on your wall.
When you feel a new season starting to make it’s entrance you can rest assured your home will be ready to change with it. In a few simple steps, you can update the look of your home and impress friends and family alike.
Kacey Mya Bradley is a lifestyle blogger for “The Drifter Collective.” Throughout her life, she has found excitement in the world around her. Kacey graduated with a degree in Communications while working for a lifestyle magazine. She has been able to fully embrace herself with the knowledge of nature, the power of exploring other locations, cultures, and styles while communicating these endeavors through her passion for writing and expression. Her love for the world around her is portrayed through her visually pleasing, culturally embracing and inspiring posts.
The Drifter Collective: An eclectic lifestyle blog that expresses various forms of style through the influence of culture and the world around us.