Have you ever seen someone wear such a light and nude makeup that she doesn’t seem to wear any makeup at all? Such makeup is perfect for daily use as it will always make you look refreshed and also stylish at the same time. You don’t have to be a makeup master and professional to be able to achieve such nude look.
Some Handy Tips
There are some things you need to remember when you want to have a no-makeup outcome:
- In nude look, heavy foundation and smoke eyes are a big no-no. You need to focus on your eyes and lips in the simplest manner.
- Choosing the right colors is important. Light pinks and peachy hues are perfect when you have pale skin while pale beige and cream are perfect for olive tones. Keep this in mind as choosing the wrong colors will only make your appearance look worse and not flattering at all.
- If you are going to try new makeup or colors, make sure to test them first. Sometimes, the colors you think good for you won’t look so good once you have applied it on.
- Nude makeup requires nude lip colors and your lips should be in the healthy state. It is important to avoid dry and chapped lips, and it is also a good idea to have regular exfoliation to keep your lips healthy.
- It’s okay to skip foundation. Instead, you can use concealer to cover the troubled areas as well as blending it into other areas.
The achieving nude look isn’t difficult at all, although you may have to practice a lot if you are totally clueless about applying and wearing makeup. The steps are pretty basic and simple:
- Clean up. Your face is like a canvas, so make sure that it is clean. You need to clean your face up before applying anything.
- Limit the foundation and concealer. The one thing about nude makeup is the usage of light foundation as if you weren’t wearing any foundation at all. If you have to use concealer, make sure to apply just enough to cover the spots, dark circles, or blemishes.
- Focus on eyes. To make your eyes pop and stand out, focus on the eyes. You don’t have to use eyeshadow, especially the heavy ones and heavy colors, but use an eye primer to make the tone even. Simply use an eyeliner and mascara to make your eyes look wide and open.
- Use blush and highlights. As the final touch, use blusher to deliver the cheeky pink result. Pink blush will make you look fresh. Light highlights can also help, but sometimes I skip this step.
- Apply lip balms – you can choose colored balms – to give a refreshing nude look.
In case you have to attend formal events and you have been wearing your nude makeup the whole day (and you don’t have the time to wash up and apply the makeup again), consider adding shimmery colored eye shadow or bright red lipstick. You can have a glam look without compromising your elegance and good makeup, and you certainly can do it with less than 5 minutes!