The living room is the place where we spend most of our time with family members, friends, and relatives and feel the relaxation after busy and exhausting working day. When it comes to choosing the right sofa for your living room, many people are confused because shopping for a sofa is a complicated and formidable task.
You are surprised and feel relax when come to know that I am going to describe you some of the basic and simple tips for buying the right sofa for your living room. Check out all these tips and tricks and the select the sofa which is match with your needs and requirements.
Firstly, you need to consider your budget for your new living room sofa. Pick out all these sofas which are according to your needs and within your budget, then select the one among these which suits you the best.
Consider the Size
You need to measure the available floor size of your living room that you reserved for the sofa. Note the entire dimension also including the available door entering space so that sofa can easily keep in your house through the door. Pick the sofa which matches all the available sizes and also according to your lifestyle.
Style of the Room
At the time of picking the sofa, you must need to keep in mind the style of your living room. Observe the ceiling option whether it has high or low ceilings. If your living room is small in space, select the sofa which can easily fit into your living room décor.
Sofa Legs Option
If you have a small room, select the sofa having defined and coherent legs option. When a sofa has a leg, it also has that circulation space underneath, so it creates a feeling of being lighter.
Sofa comes in two different material fabric and leather. You have picked the one which suits your requirements.
- Ø Fabric: If you have kids, pets and dogs in your house select the fabric sofa as it is easy to clean fabric sofa instead of the leather sofa.
- Ø Leather: Leather sofas are expensive than fabric sofas. Mostly peoples are like leather sofas which are rather masculine looking. Leather sofa gives a sleek and elegant look to your home décor.
Sofa Frame: The frame of the sofa is made mostly often from wood, though newer options include steel, laminated boards, plastic or combinations of all of these.
Sofa Cushions: Select from the available cushion option. Cushions are fashioned from polyurethane foam, polyester foam, or cotton wrapped spring.
Different Types of Sofas
You must need to know the different types of sofas before buying your new living room sofa. Some of the most common types of sofas are here. Just have a look:
- Ø Divan: Sofa style which includes a divan, which is comparable to a twin-size mattress, flanked with a decorative railing and pillows used for back support and comfort.
- Ø Chaise: One of the well-known types of a sofa is a chaise which is along type sofa that has one armrest. Chaise sofa has a half back and a raised end.
- Ø Sofa Bed and Love Seat: Sofa-bed is a sofa that unfolds to form a futon mattress. A love seat is a smaller version of a sofa with sofa-bed.
- Ø Sectional Sofa: Sofa with multiple sections that joint with the 90-degree angle.
- Ø Corner Sofa: It is suitable for space which offers a lot of seating and saves your living room space. The corner sofa is given in the picture below.
Sofa filling materials:
There are a lot of options when it comes to the material of the filling for a sofa cushions.
- Ø Foam cushions: A cheap and affordable option would be the foam filling. They look nice and feel comfortable to relax in the living room. They are low maintenance but with the passage of time, they do need replacement or overhauling.
- Ø Fiber Cushions: They are a little on the pricy side, but the comfort and elegant they provide are well worth it. They don’t need to be replaced very often, all you have to do is fluff them, and that are good as new.
- Ø Feather cushions: they look and feel like a fiber cushion, but they are more soft and comfortable. They can also be easily restored by simply fluffing them regularly.
- Ø Feather, fiber and foam cushions: this is a mix of all the above. The feather and fiber give the softness and comfort you want in a living room, while the foam gives it a bit sturdiness and rigidity.
We, at WOODLERS provide top quality furniture items including beds, mattresses, wardrobes, dining sets, living room furniture items and much more. All this diverse and high-quality furniture, and much more, can be visited at our website. The prices are very reasonable, and free home delivery is just the icing on the cake.